Friday, January 1, 2010

Enneagram resolutions

As we make our New Year's resolution, there is a trap awaiting all of us. When we try hard to do something, our unconscious habit is to use our Enneagram energy to combat the problems created by our Enneagram energy.
So if I am a One, I will try harder to be perfect, if I'm a Two, I'll be more generous etc.
So let me suggest an alternative for each style. Let's start with style One. If you are a One, a major area of improvement would be to relax and enjoy more sensuality. I don't mean only sex, but that's an option, but broaden your sensual menu to include massage, aromas, walks in nature, listening to music and exercise that is fun. Anything on a machine is suspect. Some of you polarize between virtue and pleasure, so if you can understand that pleasure may be the most virtuous thing for you, you will use your enneagram energy in the best way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment